CENTRAL ONTARIO SERVICE CENTRE (COSC)
Process for Managing Cheque/Cash Donations
Registered Charitable Tax Receipt Number is 10776-1694-RR0059
CentralOntario Service Centre (COSC)
10 Kodiak Crescent, Unit 120, Toronto, ON M3J 3GS
Canadian Revenue Agency rules require organizations holding a charitable number for the purpose of providing charitable tax receipts must demonstrate that they have received the funds in question at the level at which the receipt is issued (by Council). Reference to "Group" for this process, includes Group, Area, Council. Donations made to Sections, will be returned to the Group for redistribution.
• Charitable Tax Receipts will only be issued for donations of $20 or more.
• Matching dollars (cheques or cash) must accompany all requests.
• Preference is to have the Donor to write a cheque made payable to "Scouts Canada", which will be deposited by the Council. Alternatively, donations can be deposited by the Group, after which the Group is to provide a cheque made payable to "Scouts Canada" for the total amount of the donations, but only for those $20 or more. In the case of the Group depositing a donor's cheque, a copy of the donor's cheque must be included with the submission of this form (EXCEPT IN THE CASE OF SCOUTREES WHERE THE PLEDGE FORM
IS SUFFICIENT) for a charitable tax receipt to be issued. If donation was done by Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT), then a copy of the bank statement or donor letter on official company letterhead as evidence of the donation's origin.
• DO NOT SEND CASH DONATIONS BY MAIL. Cash donations will only be accepted in person at the Council (Toronto) office.
• Attach (STAPLE) all cheques to this form.
• Charitable Tax Receipts will be processed monthly.
• Return cheques to Group will be processed within 1 month after the receipt of the cheque to ensure that all cheques clear, especially those containing personal cheques.
• The return cheque will be sent to the Commissioner only; and will only be issued to accounts with the prefix "Scouts Canada" as per BP&P 11003 (v). Donations will be held in trust until compliance with policy has been established.
For more information, please contact Jen Austin at 416.490.6364 ext 232 or email@example.com.