Scouts Canada, the country’s leading youth organization, offers challenging programs for boys, girls and youth age 5-26 in thousands of individual groups in most cities and towns across Canada.
Scouting needs dedicated volunteers to help provide fun and exciting adventures to our youth. You can get involved as a leader working with your child and other children in the community, or as an administrative support volunteer working behind the scenes. We provide all the training and resources you need to help provide the adventure of a lifetime.
There are many different volunteer roles for all interests and abilities:
- Section leaders and their assistants work directly with young people to plan and provide weekly programs.
- Youth Leadership at the Section, Group, Area and Council Level are needed to help ensure we remain a Youth Led Program.
- Group Committee volunteers help with the administration of a Scouting group, including registration, fundraising, and providing service and support to section leaders.
- Many parents get involved as casual helpers, assisting at occasional meetings or camps, or taking on a specific short-term task.
- Most groups and areas need assistance photographing, cataloging and sharing memories of the youth adventures
- The Marketing and Events Team is always in need of assistance with Communications and Running/Planning Events.
Check out some of the current Volunteer Opportunities available with the Greater Toronto Council:
Group Youth Commissioner- All Areas
The Greater Toronto Youth Network is seeking applications for Group Youth Commissioners (GYC) servicing groups in All Areas of Toronto.
Area Commissioner- Skyline, Sunnybrook, Willow Valley
The Greater Toronto Council is seeking applications for Area Commissioners servicing the Skyline, Sunnybrook and Willow Valley areas of Toronto.
Canadian Path Team
Greater Toronto Council is looking for a group of volunteers that are excited about the Canadian Path and are willing to help in the implementation efforts especially over the next year and a half, with continual efforts over the next 3 years.
Events Team/Street Team
The Greater Toronto Council is looking to build a team of Youth and Adults assist on the day of Council Events. You will be interacting with the community and spreading the word about Scouting. Events include Scouts Argos night, LaserQuest night, Marlies night, and other local events.
The Greater Toronto Council is looking to build a volunteer team to assist with Marketing and Communications for the 2015/2016 year. If you can spare some time to work on various projects and monthly planning meetings we would like to hear from you. We are looking for both Youth and Adults (including Parents or Post Secondary Students) and your role would depend on your interests and skill sets.