Scouts Canada, the country’s leading youth organization, offers challenging programs for boys, girls and youth age 5-26 in thousands of individual groups in most cities and towns across Canada.
Greater Toronto Council is seeking to fill the position of Council Popcorn Coordinator
Council Team Leader - Scout Popcorn
Appointed by: Council Commissioner
Reports to: Council Key 3
Term Limit: 3 years
Objective: The Council Team Leader - Scout Popcorn ensures that every group achieves their Scout Popcorn goal so Scouts have a lot of fun discovering new things and experiences they wouldn't have elsewhere.
The Team Leader has broad contacts throughout the council including:
* Council Key 3
* Area Key 3’s
* Group Commissioners & Administrators
* Group Scout Popcorn Coordinators
* Scouts Canada Revenue Development Department
* Local businesses including warehouses, trucking companies and media
1. Work closely with the Council Key 3 to recruit, screen, orient, train, coach and evaluate a team that is able to help every group achieve their Scout Popcorn goal.
2. Plan and organize sales support and logistics including:
a. Working with the Council Key 3 to set the council sales goal;
b. Stakeholder communications;
c. Group Coordinator training;
d. Group campaign planning;
e. Local advertising, as directed by Scouts Canada’s Marketing & Communications Department;
f. Warehouse and delivery.
3. Help every Group plan and organize their Scout Popcorn campaign including:
a. Recruiting volunteers to organize and conduct the campaign including local marketing and logistics;
b. Engage youth, parents and Scouters in the campaign including group goal setting, campaign kickoff events, and sales training;
c. Conducting the group campaign activities, maintaining enthusiasm and urgency throughout;
d. Encourage the community to support Scouting by purchasing Scout Popcorn;
e. Receiving and delivering the product to customers.
4. Regularly review campaign plans and activities including an end-of-campaign evaluation.
5. Participate in the Scouts Canada Scout Popcorn network.
* Experience in sales and/or marketing management;
* Effective team management skills;
* Effective Communications skills;
* Demonstrated project management skills;
To Apply for this Postion Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and a CV subject line "GTC Popcorn Coordinator Application"